Co-ordinator of the District Learning and Development Network
Are you enthusiastic about equipping people for discipleship and mission?
Are you keen to help people to learn more about faith?
Would you like to contribute to the vision and strategic planning of the Darlington District?
If so this might be for you.
We are looking for a District Co-ordinator for Learning and Development. This is a volunteer role and the initial appointment is for a maximum of 6 years. The role description can be found below.
If you are interested please contact Rebecca Catford, District Administrator for more information.
The District Learning and Development Co-ordinator is a member of the District Vision and Strategy Team which has oversight of areas of the life and work of the Darlington District. None of the areas of work stand alone and so communication between the members of the team is essential to its work.
In relation to the District Learning and Development Network the Co-ordinator will be responsible for:
1. encouraging the involvement of all people in the District in learning and development;
2. discerning the needs and opportunities for learning and development in the District in consultation with the regional learning and development forum;
3. planning specific events within the District.
In fulfilling this responsibility the Co-ordinator will:
1. communicate with each officer in the District Learning and Development Network about their work, responding to needs and prompting initiatives*;
2. assist with and/or co-ordinate events, training etc;
3. share needs, stories and ideas with the regional DMLN team, so that training needs and plans can be identified and developed, and proposals brought to the District Development & Oversight Group;
4. be aware of wider connexional initiatives.
The Co-ordinator will be a member of:
The District Vision and Strategy Team (normally meeting four times per year);
The District Development and Oversight Group (normally meeting three times per year);
The Regional Learning and Development Forum (normally meeting three times per year).
As a member of the DVST the Co-ordinator will be a member of the Synod.
Key contacts within the District Learning and Development Network will be:
Evangelism Forum co-ordinator
Local Preachers tutor
Methodist Women in Britain
*It should be noted that there are no regular network meetings. If the Co-ordinator wishes to call a meeting that is possible but is not required.
Gayle Chapel DL8 3RS
West Burton DL8 4JU