- Revd Alan R Coustick (Superintendent Minister)
- Methodist Church Office
- N Yorkshire
- DL8 5EL
The Methodists in Hawes had to travel to Gayle to worship; and for the first fifty years of the life of the Hawes Society was spent in the Sedbergh Circuit until joining the Wensleydale Circuit in 1901.
The first Methodist Chapel at Hawes was built in 1856, on land given by Mr William Whaley. The present Chapel was built in 1913 at a total cost of £2,101 15s 3d and seats 300.
At first the music was provided by a small local orchestra, and then, in memory of those who died in the Great War, an organ was installed.
OUR CHURCH MISSION STATEMENT
"We are a community of people who believe in God and the power of the Christian Gospel,
committed to living and sharing the teaching of Jesus Christ and establishing His presence through service in the
local neighourhood and the wider world".
Click here to visit the Methodist History Website for information about the Hawes memorial organ.
The Methodist Church